Jira Plugin for Excel - Refresh options

Ricardo Gomes May 20, 2021

Hi,

I've been using the Jira plugin for Excel to pull data from Jira into Excel and have a question regarding the options to refresh the data offered by the plugin.

When you go to the Updates tab, it gives you two options:

1) Re-run my query each time I open the workbook

2) Only when I click the refresh button

Option 1 is pretty clear but I have a question re option 2 - 

Is the "refresh button" in question referring to the button inside of the plugin that reads "Get Data Now" or is it referring to the actual "Refresh" button from the Data ribbon in Excel?

I have the same plugin running in Google Sheets and the plugin offers scheduling options where you can actually determine how often the plugin runs and refreshes data by specifying the hours interval but the same plugin for Excel lacks that feature so the refreshing options are only the two offered above - which is a bummer.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephanie Donnelly April 26, 2022

I would be interested in this as well, I'm using the plug-in to provide our customers with an excel view of the tickets that have been raised as we have a Branch/Franchise setup and while the branches are supposed to include the Franchise they tend not too.

In terms of the refresh what I'd specifically like to know is whether or not I need to be the one that opens the workbook or can anyone open it and refresh it.

1 vote
Bjørn Houlberg June 7, 2021

Im also interested in this. A scheduling option would be cool!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events