I have few questions regarding app development for Cloud Jira version:-
1. if we use Forge platform to develop plugins and if we also have our own custom REST service, how will this be managed? As in, App will be hosted by Atlassian but how about the REST services? will this be taken care by Atlassian as well? or we should take care of hosting the REST API? please advise
2. In the last Atlassian developer event, we noticed quite a lot of improvement towards Forge, is this an indication that some day Connect will be grounded?
3. What's the best way to store custom data? what's the best practice? We could use database for storing custom data but what about hosting it in production environment for Forge and Connect?
4. Is it possible that we can debug apps in our local environment via Connect without NgRok?
5. For hosting Forge apps on Atlassian, do we get charged for that?
Any help is much appreciated.
You may want to ask the technical questions in our developer community. Perhaps some of them might already been answered.
As for the rest:
2. Atlassian Connect and Forge will unify while remote iframes and JWT auth will be deprecated in Connect at a future date. More details can be found here.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble signing in!
Could you confirm that:
(1) you are logging into https://community.developer.atlassian.com; and
(2) are signing in with a valid Atlassian Account (you can test your credentials or sign up for a new account at https://id.atlassian.com)
Once you've confirmed the above, could you describe the issue you're seeing with logging in in a bit more detail (e.g. are you seeing any errors) and ideally share a screenshot of where you're getting stuck?
👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event