Jira-Migration License-Problem

um August 23, 2017

Hello Jira-Support,

I want to migrate the Jira-Service-Desk from my company to another clean Jira.

To do this, I exported the complete Jira and delete all projects and users that do not belong to service-Desk. I did an export and now I imported this file into the new Jira.

The Import works perfect - but I have problems with the licenses. I configured the new Jira-Server-license at the beginning of the Import and now I am not able to add the service-desk. In the logs I cannot find any information - it only says "No plugins found to be installed"

Thank you for your help!

Greetings

Uwe Müller

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

Are you installing it from "manage applications"?  What are the first lines in the log after you click "install"?

um August 24, 2017

Yes I try to install the jira-server from the manage-applications menu.

The first log lines are:

/rest/plugins/1.0/installed-marketplace[c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] No plugins found to be installed

/rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [c.a.upm.pac.PacClientImpl] Update check request may take longer because of the number of add-ons

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

Ok, you'll need to look through the rest of the logs for warnings and errors.

What is showing in the "manage applications" though?  Just "not installed"?

um August 24, 2017

I cannot find other warnings.

yes I can see "Jira Software is licensed but not installed at the moment"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2017

If it doesn't install when you ask it to, then it will be telling you why in the logs.

um August 24, 2017

Maybe we should start from the beginning:

Can you tell me if the planned migration-way is a good one - or should we try it in another way.

Is it better to install service-desk-plugin before I restore the sytem from the zip.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer