Jira License

Syed Quadri November 1, 2017

Hi,

I'm using a trial of JIRA(Data center version).  My license is expired, however I generated an extension on my license and need to apply it on the instance.  When I go to apply the license on the instance JIRA tries to communicate with marketplace.atlassian.com and unfortunately the server does have the internet connectivity yet so it ends up failing with 504 error.  My question is: Is there a way I can apply the license on the host(linux server) where I'm hosting JIRA or do I have to configure the internet connectivity on my instance.

Thank you,

2 answers

0 votes
Syed Quadri November 6, 2017

Found the answer.  The other way to update your password is through database.  Follow the link below for step by step process. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-get-and-update-jira-license-string-from-the-database-441746313.html

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

I'm afraid that has absolutely nothing to do with the question.

Syed Quadri November 6, 2017

It worked for me.  You can change your license key through database on the host itself.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

You said password in your answer - a licence is not a password.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2017

You can get the licence key from your my.atlassian account, then paste it into the licence key box. 

The server does not need access to the marketplace to do this, so I'm not actually sure what you're doing here!

Syed Quadri November 2, 2017

1. I have already followed the steps here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/licensing-your-jira-applications-861253860.html

2. I have the license key.  I just need to apply it on the instance.

3. When I go to paste the license in the license key box following the instructions on the page mentioned above, the "Versions and Licensing" page under Applications tab becomes unavailable. 

4. My question is: is there an alternative applying the license. 

Suggest an answer