Jira Issue type mapping for report about ''time'' spent on Epic / Story overal

Nimit_shah June 14, 2022

Hello folks,

In Jira we normally have heirarchy of:

* Epics

* Story

* Tasks / Sub tasks / Bugs.

Now, if we need a report which can help us understand the effort spent on a particular Story - which may have say 3 tasks and 4 bugs. Unfortunately Jira reports gives you details for each Issue Type. Now to collate it at ''story'' level, there is no clarity of mapping at heirarchy level which can help us just get the overview of ''Story'' efforts spent. Because efforts (time) is locked against each issue type (task, sub-task and bugs).

Please can someone help me get the same

2 answers

4 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2022

Hello @Nimit_shah 

I think Time in Status for Jira Cloud can help in your case. It allows determining the issue hierarchy by yourself just in a few clicks. 

image-20210401-155216.png

Here's a detailed use case on how to get time in status data by Epics.

This add-on is developed by my team and is free for companies up to 10 users. If you have some questions, I'm here to help you.  Also, there is a 30-days free trial.

Hope you find it helpful.

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2022

Hi @Nimit_shah 

Welcome to the community !!

If you are fine with a mktplace app to get this data, you can have a look at

Issue Hierarchy Reports 

And generate reports such as:

- Sum up values to see overall progress for your Epic Hierarchy

- View the full hierarchy of linked issues, Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Epics, and Subtasks

- Apply filters to put the focus on the relevant data only

- Excel like editing for all the values right on the report and see real time progress updates

- Export to a CSV file

- Embedded Epic Hierarchy on Issue Screen

- Dashboard Gadgets

Epic Hierarchy.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events