Jira Issue Not access

Satish Uppari June 1, 2022

Hi Team,

I have done the integration with manage engine service desk plus Out of the box plugin and associated the Jira issue but the issue is not visible in Jira I have the Org Admin role and when i check profile i can see the issues under but when click on them it says 

You don't have access to this issue

Make sure the issue exists in this project. If it does, ask a project admin for permission to see the project's issues.

Please let me know the issue. Appreciate your help

Thanks,

Satish.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Satish Uppari and welcome to the community!

From what I can understand from your question, is that you don't have visibility over certain issues. Try adding yourself to this project and try again. If that will not solve the issue, then please provide screenshots of:

• your project settings people memberships
  • other image that can help us

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I tried to add the user to the project then I was able to see the issues. It really helped.

Thanks,

Satish.

Hi Alex is it mandatory to part of the project to view issues for that specific project....?

Thanks,

Satish.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Satish the "Browse Project Permission" is the most important permissions of all. If you don't have this permission, you are not able to see the project -> not able to see issues -> not able to edit issues -> etc etc

I hope you get my point. So giving membership to users with that specific permission is important if you wish them to have visibility on the project. Then, as @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- stated, other factors have to be taken into consideration, such as issue security level.

Regards,
Alex

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

There are three things this could be:

• The issue does not exist
  • Your account does not have the "browse" permission in the project, so it can't see the issue
  • The issue has a security level set and your account is not in the security level the issue is in

Your admin rights don't have anything to do with this, they just mean you can do admin.  You'll need to look at the permissions and security scheme on the project to work out why you do not have any access (you probably need to add yourself to a project role)

0 votes
Asparuh Georgiev June 1, 2022

Hey @Satish Uppari ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, can you show a screnshot or give a link to the plug in you are using as if it is a third party app maybe best course of action is to contact the team behind it. 
I managed to find https://www.manageengine.com/products/support-center/help/adminguide/api/jira-integration.html for manageengine but I am not sure if it is the one you are using.

BR,

Asparuh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events