Jira Hierarchy?

Lena Seitz September 16, 2020

I'm really sorry for asking such a basic question but I'm an intern that never had anything to do with Jira or API's and I could not find much information on the internet, that didn't require a deeper understanding of the software.

I need to export worklogs from Jira, my problem is: how do I get to that point? 

As I understand it, the API follows the basic structure website/rest/api/latest/highest rank thing /key of that thing/second highly ranked thing/ key of that thing/... 

my problem is: I can access the projects, but I don't really understand where to go from there? The worklogs (with "time Spent"), what is the path that leads to them? 

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance

~Lena

1 answer

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2020

Hello Lena,

It depends on the Jira version you are using, are you using a Server/Data center or a Cloud one ?

You can know if you're using a Cloud version if "atlassian.net" appears in your URL

Lena Seitz September 17, 2020

We are using a Server center (thank you for explaining right away how to figure that out)

Suggest an answer