Jira Filter Query Multiple Reporters

Reiner August 12, 2020

Dear all, a simple question for the community but a big blocker for me :)

project = XYZ AND "Additional Reporters" = currentUser()

gives tickets only for the specific user. But I have lots of tickets with a couple of additional Reporters. How do I get these add. tickets as well into the filter?? The syntax does not allow eg. CONTAIN currentUser() Thanks in advance.  Reiner

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

Hi @Reiner 

Can I confirm the need here (based on above information)?

• You need to see issues where you are the Reporter and/or within the Additional Reporters
  • The Additional Reporters field is a multi-select user picker custom field
  • The results should show where you're the only Additional Reporter and where you are one of multiple

Is this correct?

Ste

Reiner August 12, 2020

100% right

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

Hi @Reiner 

I tried this on our test instance and...

reporter = currentuser() OR "Additional Reporters" = currentuser()

...worked as expected. It located:

• Issues where I was the reporter OR
  • Issues where I was not the reporter, but was one of multiple Additional Reporters

The multi-user field query picked up issues where I was one of multiple users - so acted as if it were CONTAINS

Try this in your environment and let us know if this meets your needs :)

Ste

Reiner August 12, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ I think it's too hot today. Had several results. Latest: Filter works for me, but not for my colleagues. They get only the tickets requested by them. I will double check tomorrow.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2020

Hi @Reiner 

Let us know :)

Just remember that currentuser() will switch to the logged in user who utilises the search.

If there is a further need to see all issues with Additional Reporters regardless who is in the field (for example) - you could expand it such as:

"Additional Reporters" IS NOT EMPTY

If the above isn't sufficient, let us know what specifics are missing so we can try to assist further :)

Ste

Reiner August 13, 2020

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ believe me :) filter is working for me, but the shared dashboard for my colleagues contains only tickets from them as a reporter NOT any tickets where their are flagged as "additional reporter". Crazy world. 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2020

Hi @Reiner 

Strange!

What happens if they search in JQL for Additional Reporters using their username, rather than currentuser()?

Just to confirm they do have issues where they are listed as an Additional Reporter!

Ste

Reiner August 13, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ ... got a message from our JIRA Admin. "At the moment, additional Reporter don’t have Browse permission on the project." ... After he changed it the filter works for colleagues.... Unbelievable! Thx for your help.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jira Guru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2020

Please try this

project = XYZ AND "Additional Reporters" in (user1,user2,user3)

Note: replace user1,user2,user3 with your own reporter names and not only 3 reporter names but you can add as many reporter names you want

Reiner August 12, 2020

Thx. but then i have to add the whole compay, or? :)

Example A:

Reporter: me

add. Reporter: B

Filter = AND "Additional Reporters" = currentUser() won't give me the ticket

ExampleB:

Reporter: B

add, Reporter: B; me

Filter = AND "Additional Reporters" = currentUser() won't give me the ticketA

For both tickets I have to in this case me and A in (). But how about the other +x user which might appear in the ticket? May I explain it a little bit difficult :)

0 votes
Suneth Wijeyewardena September 17, 2020

Hi,

I use 

Jira1.png

assignee in (Will, Bob, James, ...... )

Suggest an answer