Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira Datacenter, 8.20.11 : Can't delete Project

When I go to the Administration Project list to delete a Project, the Dialogue seems to be working normally.

However the Project is not deleted.

It finishes in 0 seconds (might have taken longer on initial Delete). I press "acknowledge", get returned to the Project List, an it's still there.

However I cannot browse the Project normally anymore, and Jira tells me it might have been deleted.

I already did a re-index, logged in with a different browser... on the Administration Side the Project still appears. Which also means I can't reimport the Project from our old instance, as the Project Key is in use.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

So the issue seems to have been, that there were Attachments, which were not even correctly imported (know the problem there though) , which apparently led to not beeing able to delete the Project, however that should have created an error in the Deletion Dialogue imo.

Once I manually deleted the Attachements Folder the the Project, I was able to rerun "Delete Project" and this time it actually deleted the Project (or what was left of it)

1 vote

Hi @Daniel Rohlfs 

Did you check logs? Please try view logs during when you will be deleting project.

Regards,

Seba

So the issue seems to have been, that there were Attachments, which were not even correctly imported (know the problem there though) , which apparently led to not beeing able to delete the Project, however that should have created an error in the Deletion Dialogue imo.

Once I manually deleted the Attachements Folder the the Project, I was able to rerun "Delete Project" and this time it actually deleted the Project (or what was left of it)

Like Sebastian Krzewiński likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,084 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events