Jira Datacenter, 8.20.11 : Can't delete Project

Daniel Rohlfs August 10, 2022

When I go to the Administration Project list to delete a Project, the Dialogue seems to be working normally.

However the Project is not deleted.

It finishes in 0 seconds (might have taken longer on initial Delete). I press "acknowledge", get returned to the Project List, an it's still there.

However I cannot browse the Project normally anymore, and Jira tells me it might have been deleted.

I already did a re-index, logged in with a different browser... on the Administration Side the Project still appears. Which also means I can't reimport the Project from our old instance, as the Project Key is in use.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

So the issue seems to have been, that there were Attachments, which were not even correctly imported (know the problem there though) , which apparently led to not beeing able to delete the Project, however that should have created an error in the Deletion Dialogue imo.

Once I manually deleted the Attachements Folder the the Project, I was able to rerun "Delete Project" and this time it actually deleted the Project (or what was left of it)

1 vote
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Hi @Daniel Rohlfs 

Did you check logs? Please try view logs during when you will be deleting project.

Regards,

Seba

So the issue seems to have been, that there were Attachments, which were not even correctly imported (know the problem there though) , which apparently led to not beeing able to delete the Project, however that should have created an error in the Deletion Dialogue imo.

Once I manually deleted the Attachements Folder the the Project, I was able to rerun "Delete Project" and this time it actually deleted the Project (or what was left of it)

Like Sebastian Krzewiński likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events