Jira Cloud for Sheets--refresh loses formatting

csannicolas December 21, 2021

I'm using Jira Cloud for Sheets. I do a "Get issues from Jira" to populate my google sheet. Then I'm formatting the sheet--wrap columns, etc. 

When the sheet is refreshed, all the formatting is lost. Is there a way to keep the formatting after refresh?

Also, is there a faster way to refresh than clicking Extensions-->Jira Cloud for sheets-->Open--get issues from Jira-->refresh?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2021

Hello @csannicolas,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

When getting issues from Jira via the Jira Cloud for Sheets app, it’s expected that it will overwrite all the cells and lose the format, because every time it refreshes, there may be new lines, different results, so it’s not possible to keep the formatting or apply the same format on the new lines that could potentially be imported to sheets.

Currently, there are no tickets suggesting this option, so please, feel free to raise a new one on https://jira.atlassian.com/ (Project API) to add more detailed information about why this feature would be important for your environment.

Regarding how to refresh, it’s possible to schedule it to refresh automatically, otherwise, it will be necessary to follow the steps you mentioned.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events