I have a common sheet that I export my Jira data to use Jira Cloud for Excel. I would like to create a second tab that exports the same fields, but uses a different filter.
How can I copy over the field list and just point to a different filter? I am using many more fields than the default provided by the tool.
I am not sure that you can export a second filter to another tab in the same Excel worksheet, but here's how I would probably go about it.
1. Create your filter with the columns you want and then export that. I think you have already done this step. :-)
2. Edit that same filter to change your query and execute it to see your results. It should keep the same columns.
3. Then do a Save As on this filter and give this filter a new name.
4. Then export the results of this new filter (or just open in Excel).
5. Then cute the results of the latest filter in the new instance of Excel and past it in a separate tab in the original Excel worksheet that has the results of the first query.
I hope that works for you!
My end goal is to have 1 excel file for all Jira extracts. Open this one file, update the data in it. This data is used as a data source for multiple excel power queries / pivots. I would like the instructions to go to this TAB and hit update.
One tab is driven to represent to backlog, a separate tab is to identify the stories in the current sprint and another is to measure grooming activities over multiple sprints. Each has its own filter to ensure the correct content is driven into the appropriate reports.
1) In my workbook I have a TAB and the Jira Could for Excel has 46 fields.
2) In excel I copy a TAB. The moment I copy the TAB the fields are reset.
1) I change the filter and the fields are retained, but this means it requires multiple workbooks to update.
Hello Community! My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events