Jira Cli :Need Help on Existing Field and Newly Created Field against a Issue Type

Kailash Pathak February 7, 2014

Hi,

Please help me in below two problem.

Problem 1:

I have update the current format of Issue Type "Story" to make itfeasiable to my project.

I have ask my JIRA Admin Guy to Add some New field e.g Category (Because field Category is needed to me).

Now in import.properties i have given the name of this field also in .csv file too and successfully import is done but after import what i see that Category data not updated against the Issue type.

I am using below commond

Jira Cli version :2.6.0

jira.bat --server https://xxxxxx.net/jira--user xxxx.xxxxx--password "xxxxx" --action runFromCsv --file import.csv --propertyFile import.properties --common "--project ABC" --continue

---------------------------------------------------------

Problem 2:

Jira Cli 2.6.0

Facing an issue that some time the existing field in any of the issue type ( e.g Bug,Story etc..) is not importing successfully.

Like in my case when i am importing the data of Labels for issue type "Story" labels data is not importing. I have already mention label field in import.properties file.

But using same commond when i am importing data for Issue Type "Bug " Label data is import successfully.

Don't know what mistake i am doing here.

Regards,

Kailash Pathak

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2014

Update to version 3.8.0 and try to reproduce the problem. If it is still not working, open an issue and provide your JIRA version and exact command(s) and output. Add -v to the action to give more information on what happening.

Kailash Pathak February 7, 2014

Hi Bob,

Thanks for Reply. I am using Jira 6.0. I also Try with dowanloading 3.8.0 same issue is coming.

But one common thing is that all the field are custom field on which i am facing this problem. I have to make these field as Non Custom field?

Regards,

Kailash Pathak

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2014

Please follow the instructions from my comment.

Suggest an answer