Jira - Cannot see the Sprint filter

Mark Andrew Walters May 16, 2019

I have a saved filter on Project, Type and Sprint, but when I view the filter, I cannot see the Sprint filter (most of the time) in the basic view.  If I switch to advanced view, you can see that Sprint is part of the selected filters.

(E.g.  - this is the advanced view "project = BOUN AND issuetype in (Enhancement, Story, Task) AND Sprint = 324 ORDER BY key ASC, created DESC") 

The Sprint filter option usually displays in the area circled in red below, it has definitely been selected as:

•  the Sprint field no longer appears in the More list.
  • The advanced syntax as given above shows that it is there.
  • The result set is consistent with the value set.

Jira - Sprint Filter not shown.PNG

After experimenting I found that

1. If I deselect then reselect the Project filter, it automatically resets the Type filter to enhancement only - is this correct?  (Personally it does not seem correct to me)
  2. When it changed the Type to Enhancement, by chance, there were no enhancements in the Sprint, so I get the placeholder message "No issues were found to match your search" - and voila, the Sprint filter now displays!!  - it therefore appears that the results set overlays the second filter line (or some similar action) - as the instant I correct the Type filter and results are returned, I can no longer see the Sprint filter option again!

- is anyone else having this problem?

- should this be reported as a bug?

Thanks

Mark

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2019

I would report to Atlassian Support especially if this has just started. I am seeing some other display issue posts in the Community today so maybe an update has compromised things. Other thoughts, be sure to check another browser but I doubt this is the cause in this case.

Suggest an answer