Jira - Can't find issue just created until its edited

Paul Davidson January 26, 2014

1) create issue in project ERMS:

2) note the issue key, in this case its ERMS-3652

3) navigate to issue using pop-up notification or editing url (xxx/browse/ERMS-3652)

4) Try and use a filter to see issue:

5) Try and view issue on agile board - not there either

6) Try 'view on board' link in open issue:

7) Not on any board?

8) Here is my board filter:

9) Edit issue in any way, including adding label, assigning team feild or setting 'In Progress' and then I can see the issue:

10) Workaround that I am teeling users is to edit a label when creating issues so they can find them again.

11) I have recently added permission schemes and project roles but don't think that could affect this problem. Problem is evident for different user levels from dev to admin.

3 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

Looks like your issue is not indexed after creation. Did you create the workflows yourself? Or make any changes to the workflows?

Make sure you have a workflow post function in the 'Create' transition to index the issue. You will find the same in the default workflows. Editing reindexes the issue and that explains why it appears in the filters after the edit.

Thanks for the hint, will check it out.

Thanks Jobin, that is exactly what was wrong. Another admin had created a new workflow without the post function.

0 votes
Paul Davidson February 11, 2014

Done - fixed workflow post function

0 votes

Just asked this question with heaps of screenshots but they have disappeared - sigh!

Suggest an answer