Jira Board for cross-team collaboration (Jira Software Cloud)

Max Sieg March 2, 2021

Dear Atlassian Community,

I am trying to set-up a Jira board in Jira Cloud with the following filter

project in ("[my projects]") AND assignee = currentUser() ORDER BY Rank ASC

and then using swimlanes based on epics. 
My goal was to enable collaboration across different projects, teams, epics, components (our teams are separted based on components)

In the Backlog view I can see all my stories and epics.

However, in the "active sprint" view I see only stories of this one epic which is assigned to me and thats it. There's no swimlane saying "others" or "not assigned to me" and thus I cannot see them.

Any idea for a good solution?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

Hi Max, so the fact that you are using "assignee = currentUser()" will mean that the board will only show issues associated with the user that is logged in and viewing the board. While this is a great method to create a board view that can be used by anyone to see only their issues it is of no value in a collaboration mode.

Max Sieg March 2, 2021

Hi Jack, thank you for the fast reply! 

Thats totally fine. However, the board did not show issues which are assigned to me but where the epic was not assigned to me. (since there is no swimlane for that epic). Any idea how to solve that?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

that is because the epic was not assigned to you. Now if issues are assigned to you are not associated with an Epic then they will show at the bottom under the everything else. But since you chose swimlanes by epics then the epic that is assigned to someone else will not result in a swimlane in your board. consider the following filter....

project in ("[my projects]") AND type = epic or (type != epic and assignee = currentUser()) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Max Sieg March 2, 2021

Hi Jack, yes exactly that's the issue... 
I tried the filter you proposed but then there're way too many epics in the backlog.. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2021

one option would be to consider adding a label to the epics where you are assigned an issue. kludgy. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events