Jira Basic queries

Amaradeep Gundala May 27, 2021

Hi Everyone,

I Have few queries and could someone please suggest on the below please.

I need some help with my JIRA management please

1) How do i check that all my tasks are linked to a stories and all stories are linked to an epic and all Epics are linked to stories?

I want to make sure there is noting that is hanging in the air without any linking

2) Also, I was hoping that when you create a Task/issue, it would prompt you to enter related story

I wanted a tight coupling/linking between Epics, Stories and Tasks.

3) Also if you could show me how I can create roadmaps? And when do we use it? What's the use of it?

I was wondering if you could help me create some views to manage them properly.

Looking forward to hear ASAP!

3 answers

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

3) The best way to get it is moving on Data Center, which will give you out-of-box Roadmap feature.

Look through this article - Advanced roadmaps is now part of Jira Software Data Center 

Advanced roadmaps is now available to download free for all DC instances, and will automatically be included with Jira Software Data Center from 8.15 and beyond.

The second way is to get external app to Server - look through the Atlassian Marketplace.

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

2) The are a lot of solutions to similar automations with external apps like:

You can create your own rules and logic. Maybe you already have any app?

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2021

Hi, @Amaradeep Gundala !

You have interesting questions) 

What version of Jira Software Server is? 

1) We are using external apps to get that flexibility in JQL-searching.

For example - JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports

Here documentation on "links" - LinkedBy([linktype], jql-query or issuekeys) 

Suggest an answer