Jira Automation

Brett Germain January 8, 2021

I would like to set a rule that will not allow a user to pull a ticket into "in progress" if the ticket does not have an original estimate.  Likewise I would like to create a rule that does not allow the ticket to be pulled into "accepted" without time tracking filled out.  The issue i am having for both of these issues is that for whatever reason these fields (original estimate & time tracking) do not show up in the drop down for "issue field condition".  Can someone let me know if I am missing something or why they would not be showing up?  Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

Hi @Brett Germain ,

I don't think you'll need an Automtion rule but a Condition on a workflow transtion.

Conditions on workflow transitions allow you to "block" a transition unless that condition is fulfilled.

When I go to the conditions on the transition in my instance I can choose "Value field" which means that a value in a field needs to be valid before you can transition.

image.png

In that condition I'm able to choose the Original Estimate field and the Time Tracking field

Brett Germain January 8, 2021

Thanks Dirk!

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

You're most welcome!

If you are unfamiliar with Workflow conditions here's some documentation:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-conditions

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events