Jira Agility board rules, where to find them?

Copyleft May 31, 2018

Hello everyone!

I can't seem to find the "More" button to add rules, according to this article (I of course have the administrator role): 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/add-rules-to-your-agility-board-950285979.html

Right now we have a ton of "Done" issues just sitting there, and I'd like to make my "Done" issues disappear after 3 days, not 14, and I believe that's how to do it, but I can't figure out how.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/get-started-with-agility-boards-945104903.html

Thank you!

Best regards

3 answers

0 votes
Julien Femia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2018

Hi,

you're right @Copyleft, for now you can only create one type of rules on the agility boards, but we're working hard to bring more of them.

We're also working on a better and more configurable way to clear your board, you should see some improvements soon.

Keep the feedback coming! :)

0 votes
LeKisha Boswell May 31, 2018

It appears that the rules as of today

1.) applies to only agility boards and 

2.) users can only enable one rule which allows for automatic assignees.

You can simply change the filter to not include issues older than 3 days. 

Ex: project = "Project Blue" AND resolved <= 3d

Additionally, you may want to change your current board to a Scrum or Kanban depending on the need until the agility features are more sound.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2018

Agility is very much a beta product so I expect the documentation may not be current. I don't use Agility as it is simply too limiting IMO and it seems to be changing too much for my liking. I see no way of configuring what you want based upon my quick look.

Julien Femia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2018

@Jack Brickey I'm keen to hear your thoughts as to why Agility Boards are too limiting for your use case. What type of features are you currently using in your project that you'd like to see on Agility boards?

Thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

@Julien Femia, i haven't set up any Agility project so take the following w/ that in mind. I should have stated that the default boards that now are present on most projects are too limiting so I always 'replace' w/ a Kanban/Scrum board.

• I can't configure the board like I can w/ Kanban/Scrum
  • lacks swimlanes
  • lacks quick filters
  • no card layout
  • no release function
  • etc.

To be clear my broader issue is that the default boards become less useful once you have the project setup and have used the board to quickly create the initial issues. I still use them from time to time but just find them to be another way to accomplish tasks that I'm already adept at doing using old methods. As for Agility projects themselves, I simply haven't found the need to try them. My inexperience w/ them leaves me wondering when I would use Agility vs. one of the existing project types.

Suggest an answer