Jira Agile release 6.7.0 - what compatibility issues with Jira 4.2.x?

Anastasia Anisimova August 3, 2015

Hi, I'd like to get several fixes from the JIRA Agile 6.7.0 release, however I was a little terrified by the note "Dropped Classic boards. Dropped support for JIRA 6.1 & 6.2"  in its RNs.

Can anyone explain if the upgrade to J-A 6.7.0 is possible with JIRA 6.2.x (6.2.3 precisely) at all and what kind of compatibility issues I should expect in case it's possible? 

PS: Classic boards is not an issue, we don't use them.

Thank you in advance! 

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2015

It's completely irrelevant to you - you can't use any version of Agile above 5.4.2 (some of the slightly later 5.x will actually install and work, but they're not supported)

Anastasia Anisimova August 4, 2015

Nic, thank you for the reply! Actually I made a silly typo above (corrected now) - I'm using JIRA v6.2.3 (definitely not 4.2.3) with JIRA Agile v6.4.2. Do you if J-A 6.7.0 won't work with Jira 6.2.3 or it will work just won't be supported any more?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2015

Ah ok. I suspect it won't work, as there are some changes in 6.7 that I think rely on stuff that was implemented in Jira 6.3. I certainly wouldn't recommend installing an unsupported version, my instincts are that it will fail in some places. (Although if you really do need to try it, put it in test first, with a copy of your production data)

Suggest an answer