Jira Agile - Epic time tracking

Viewing page 2 of 2

26 answers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2014

Hi Zubo,

I'm confused about what you are saying, in JIRA Agile you can still use Tasks and sub-tasks just like in JIRA. An Epic is a collection of Tasks (or Stories) which is at a higher level.

You could take a look at the Epic reports underneath the report mode of JIRA Agile to see if that report gives you the information you need.

Best regards,

Peter

Zubo January 22, 2014

Thanks for answer. Task/subtask concept not work in Jira Agile the way which I expect(I can not plan subtasks in agile rapid board - but this is not big problem to switch to epic/task concept).
I looked at report which you suggested - it is usefull but not for this concrete task. I need the fast way to know how many hours we spended at particular epic - this is sum of logged hours at issues under the epic(when I have tasks as epics and subtasks as stories I have sum of logged work available on task all the time - it is very comfortable).

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2014

Hi Zubo,

JIRA Agile considers sub-tasks to be a integral part of a Story, so it wouldn't make sense to schedule some sub-tasks of a story behind sub-tasks of other stories. If you did it like that your stories wouldn't be finished.

If you use sub tasks in Stories you'll still get the nice Time Tracking (including sub tasks) that you used to have.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer