Jira Advanced Roadmaps plan export

Chett Rubenstein December 16, 2021

What are the plans to be able to export an Advanced Roadmaps plan to an image? It seems current functionality is about exporting the plan details via CSV or simply providing a link to it. However, this valuable gantt view often needs to be shared with stakeholders that do not have access to Jira/Confluence. 

I understand that Advanced Roadmaps requires the Premium version, which we are currently giving a test drive. The functionality is extremely valuable for planning at a higher level but it is crucial to be able to share this view with stakeholders, which is commonly done via a slide presentation. For comparison, Lucidcharts provides an excellent example of a full featured export capability.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Degardin February 3, 2022
Same, we try to use the Advanced Roadmap to provide an upcoming R&D overview in the context of obtaining a grant, and I can't find any satisfying sharing option.
The only way I found was to display the roadmap on a big screen, adjust my filters and settings properly and play with the browser zoom, so that I can have something that fits one screen and make a screenshot.

The Help > What's new section of JIRA mentions a new feature to share the roadmap as an image (Jan 18th).

However I couldn't find the option in the Advanced Roadmap, still the same sharing ones, and when clicking the link "Learn more", it leads to a page 404.

I guess they released the feature, realized it wasn't satisfying, and then rollbacked. The good point is to know they are conscious of the problem, and probably working on it.

Here is what the What's new section mentions:

Advanced Roadmaps for Jira - Export a static screenshot (.png) of your plan

When you're presenting your roadmap to stakeholders and colleagues alike, you can now quote the beloved Nickelback and say "Look at this photograph..."

That's right, you can now export a screenshot of your plan in Advanced Roadmaps using the Export to a image (.png) function. To use it, set your timeline to show the issues that you want to include in your screenshot, then use Share as > image (.png).

Learn more

Advanced Roadmaps is included with all Jira Software Cloud Premium and Enterprise subscriptions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events