Jira Administration Gear Icon missing for System Administrator

jeremy-cheatham January 15, 2018

We have recently bought, installed, and started to configure our Jira Software.  We have configured the User Directories so that it ties into our Active Directory, and using a groups that we specifically created, we assigned that to the same global permissions that the "Jira-Administrator" has access too.

However, when we login with this newly created individual the only options on the "\welcometojira.jsp" page is the question mark icon, and the user profile icon, which has a single option of "Log Off".  

If I try and and Navigate to a page that I know works, and is a part of the Jira System Administration tasks, I can get there.  Why does the Jira Administration Gear cog not come up?  Shouldn't everything look and act the same as the "local" system administrator that was created on install?

Active Directory is setup as "Read only, with Local Groups"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

JIRA Software:  7.7.0

Windows Server 2016 

SQL Server 2016 Standard.

thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Hi Jeremy,

Could you have a look at this article and let us know if the add-on is disabled that controls that menu item? 

The workaround is to visit the full URL mentioned in that article, and it sounds like the situation you're describing.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer