Jira Admin Permissions

Mikerey Reyes July 14, 2020

I'm fairly new to Atlassian products and need some assistance.

We have a group that is asking to be able to own their own project i.e. making changes to their screens as needed. In >Project Settings>Permissions I found that under Administer Projects the "Extended Projects Administration" was disabled. I also noticed that the screen scheme was being shared by 17 different projects. I found out the reason it was turned off is that someone made changes to one of the project Workflow that affected other projects Workflows.

How do I give permissions back (Enable "Extended Projects Administration") to a group without giving them access to change Workflows?

How do I unshare the screen scheme?

2 answers

0 votes
Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2020

Hello @Mikerey Reyes ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

If there are any shared configurations for any schemes (screens, workflows, etc.), it can only be edited/updated by JIRA Administrators. Project Administrators can only make changes if those respective configurations are not shared with any other project.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Milan

0 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Hello @Mikerey Reyes , you can't just give them access to change workflows only. The best solution here would be to make sure that none of the schemes in that project are shared with other projects. That way whatever changes made to the "Project A: Workflow" or Screens or any other configurations would not affect any others.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events