Jira 7.6.0 Only System Admin can login

SunflowerLab Services November 20, 2017

Just Installed Jira 7.6.0

Already have two groups ( jira-administrators, jira-software-users )

Issue is

• Only admin can login, the first user of jira when i've installed jira. Only that user can login.

If i assign both groups to any user, still getting same error "Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again."

I've also tried to change password of user and try to login, but getting same error.

Can anyone help me plz ?

3 answers

0 votes
Egor Guzun November 28, 2017

Can you take a look into Administration -> Applications -> Application Access and just to make sure that these two groups have application access to your instance?

I know that this is unlikely to be the reason, but just in case :)

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hi there,

One more question - when you go to import Trello, you have the following warning:

Warning: some JIRA configuration settings will limit the Trello importer

• Ensure that you configure user permissions and email addresses at the conclusion of the import, as these cannot be imported from Trello. Imported users can then log in by recovering their password.

Can you confirm that you did configure user permissions, email addresses, and had all users recover their passwords? They can do this by clicking Can't access your account.

SunflowerLab Services November 22, 2017

Yes i have changed email addresses, usernames, passwords of imported users. still they can't login to system.

But i never tried by clicking Can't access your account. i will try that and also look into user configuration again.

For now we are creating user account by sign up.

Thanks again for your help @Shannon S

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Thank you for the update. 

If you still have any issues, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2017

Hi there,

Can you show us what your user directories setup looks like right now?

Please also have a look at Only Jira Administrator can login to Jira and ensure this is not the issue you've run into.

Kind regards,

Shannon

SunflowerLab Services November 20, 2017

Thank you @Shannon S for answering

Okay, so right now our user directories page looks like this.Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 7.43.47 PM.png

And will surely look into that link.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 21, 2017

Thank you.

In addition, can you let me know your current groups setup and which groups one of the broken users is in?

I'd also like to see how your users are setup, so JIRA-URL/secure/admin/user/UserBrowser.jspa - but please feel free to censor any details you don't want posted online such as names, email addresses, etc. 

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Shannon

SunflowerLab Services November 21, 2017

Thank you @Shannon S

We have currently two groups (jira-administrator, jira-software-users). And new user will automatically assign to jira-software-user.

Both group members can not login (except system user).

One thing i want to add that if user will sign up then he or she can login, only when i import project from trello (also imported users from trello) then that users can not login to system.

So i think my Problem is solved. Just want to know why imported users from trello can't login to system

Thanks once again @Shannon S

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 21, 2017

Hi there,

Which groups are the imported users from Trello being imported into? Which method are you using to import them? 

I'm not familiar with that process so if you can let me know we may be able to find out why that is occurring.

Kind regards,

Shannon

SunflowerLab Services November 21, 2017

Okay so i just import project from Projects -> Import External Project -> Trello .

So all the data of Trello project including Issues and Users are imported in to Jira, and imported users are automatically assign to jira-software-users group.

Only that imported users from trello can't login into System.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 22, 2017

So your Trello users are only in the jira-software-users group, and you have users in Jira that were not created via Trello import that are also only in the jira-software-users group? 

Can you confirm this? 

Kind regards,

Shannon

SunflowerLab Services November 22, 2017

Yes, that is correct.

Suggest an answer