Jira 7.13 compatible with confluence 6.7.2?

Jason Ferris March 15, 2021

In updating to Jira 7.13 it seems to be compatible with confluence 6.7.2. I'm referencing this link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/applinks/application-links-version-matrix-779174762.html

This seems to work fine in my test environment. What if I update to Jira 8.5 will I then be forced to update Confluence to a higher version so it will work with Jira 8.5? 

Or what won't work here besides application link? Confluence will still work but you won't be able to get to it from inside Jira?

Thanks for any replies!

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Hi @Jason Ferris 

Confluence will still work but the application link between the application would be highlighted as 'incompatible' and the built in features of linking these 2 applications would break.

Example, the confluence link feature in JIRA will not search the confluence pages based on the url/text you enter. The JIRA charts in the confluence pages would error out. etc.

It is best to upgrade your JIRA test environment and analyze the impact as there might be some specific customization in your setup that could break.

Also, it is best to upgrade them both and keep them compatible :) 

Suggest an answer