Javascript Error prevents Creating Issues in Jira

Chris Reyes January 10, 2018

Hello world,

I'm getting the following javascript error in Chrome version 63.0.3239.84 when trying to create a new Jira issue. I first noticed this issue around 10:30am Pacific time on 2018/01/10. I was able to create issues successfully yesterday (2018/01/09) Here's the actual error text:

Uncaught Error: quick-edit/init/create missing jira/analytics/transformers/issue-type

My coworker is also unable to create jira issues. We're both using Mac laptops.

When I click the "Create" button at the top (using the old Jira view), the screen goes slightly dark and the modal spinner appears in the center of the screen. It just spins forever though.

Has anyone else encountered this error? Does Atlassian have a fix on the way?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Chris,

• If you upgrade do you get the same behavior?

I am unable to reproduce this using Chrome

Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Mac. 
The next step I would take is to put Chrome in Incognito mode and see if the issue continues to occur.  If not you'll want to disable the extensions and then re-enable them one by one until you get the same behavior.
If that does not resolve the issue please provide your Cloud URL and if you give approval to login to your instance as you we'll see if we can reproduce the issue on our network and go from there.
Cheers,

Branden

Chris Reyes January 10, 2018

Thanks Branden,

I just tried again same machine, browser, everything after refreshing the page and now it seems to be working. Maybe it was just some temporary server issue or slowness or something.

Thank you for responding so quickly!

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

No worries and I'm glad it's all sorted at this time.  If you run into this again let us know and we'll go from there.

Suggest an answer