JavaScript Loading Icon Endlessly Spinning on Status transitions and clicking "Create"

Ami Marueli July 27, 2017

We installed Jira during the last 2 weeks. I've worked with Jira for years and it is a trusted system. After we performed an upgrade + adding Jira Service Desk & other (verified) plug-ins we started getting stuck. We would try to perform an action like Create/Status Transition and the spinner would simply get stuck to a point where we have to restart the service in order to go back to work. Unfortunately, this is happening a lot, to a point where I can relocate my team from Asana to Jira. Needless to say, this is happening on all stations and users.

I double checked to see i don't have issues like this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/javascript-loading-icon-endlessly-spinning-on-task-board-779158739.html

Help me Obi one, you're my only hope

4 answers

1 vote
Ami Marueli July 31, 2017

I keep getting these, please someone help

jira 1.PNGjira 2.PNG

Rodrigo Gómez July 31, 2017

This looks exactly the same as the problem I am experiencing. A 400 error when reading that file, batch.js

Sylvain August 24, 2017

Did you find a fix? I have the same kind of issue on my side as well. Is it a browser related issue or a JIRA issue, or both?

I had read that Is anyone else having trouble using JIRA with Chrome?

But it clearing the Chrome cache does not seem to work.

Sylvain August 24, 2017

Did you find a fix? I have the same issue as well and I'm standing clueless as how to solve it.

0 votes
Ami Marueli August 27, 2017

In our case we learned that it was an IIS configuration that caused the problems

0 votes
Sylvain August 24, 2017

I have the same error when clicking inside the issue. However it appears randomly.

I have that error in the Browser's console:

batch.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request) 
Rodrigo Gómez August 24, 2017

Check out the answer to:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-Software-questions/Trying-to-use-the-quot-Link-quot-action-doesn-t-open-any-screen/qaq-p/612178#M12293

Following those links & steps solved this precise issue you are experiencing for me.

Sylvain August 25, 2017

Awesome! Thanks :)

0 votes
Rodrigo Gómez July 27, 2017

Hello,

I don't know if maybe we are having the same issue?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-Software-questions/Trying-to-use-the-quot-Link-quot-action-doesn-t-open-any-screen/qaq-p/612178#M12293

I haven't found any way to solve this, and it feels like once more time passes, more stuff stops working.

Do you use a redirector (Jakarta, or ARR)?

Ami Marueli July 30, 2017

nope, none of those
it seems it happens on specific actions. 
to my understanding, ususaly because there is a conflict in a permission scheme when it comes to transitions/actions.

in our case we found that while a transition/action was limited to a specific group via condition, the group iteself didn't have the right permission to perform it, thus going into an endless loop 

Suggest an answer