JQL query to fetch all EPICS which are marked as DONE but has Undone Linked issues

asachdeva December 9, 2021

Friends,

I am looking for a mechanism via which I can find out all the EPICS that are marked as DONE but still has some linked issues that are still not DONE.

EPIC1 (DONE) - Story1(DONE), Story2(DONE), Story3(TODO), Story4(IN PROGRESS)

EPIC2 (DONE) - Story1(DONE), Story2(DONE), Story3(DONE), Story4(DONE)

The output should be EPIC1 as it has been marked as DONE but still has Story3 and Story4 that are still not completed.

Looking forward to hear back soon.

Ashish

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2021

Hi @asachdeva,

As you mentioned you are interested in apps that could resolve the question, I would like to suggest looking at eazyBI. You can create an Epic Status dimension and filter to get all issues based on the status of Epic and issues themselves. 

See an example report: https://eazybi.com/accounts/22010/cubes/Issues/reports/844996-issue-epic-hierarchy-for-epics-in-progress. Here we have all in progress epics, and you can expand to see issues within the Epic. Additionally, there is a group of Standard issue count split by issue Status.

Let me know if you have further questions regarding this in eazyBI!
Lauma / support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

Hello @asachdeva 

Welcome to the community.

Jira does not natively provide JQL functionality to get what you want.

Would you consider subscribing to a third party app?

asachdeva December 9, 2021

Sure, would love to hear on such third party app.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

I have not researched for one that would enable you to get this specific report.

There are a variety of apps that extend JQL functionality that might enable you to construct the query you want, as well as apps that support more custom reporting.

Adaptavist Scriptrunner is an app that includes JQL extension functions. I used that at a former employer and found it to be very powerful. In fact, they have a function that would suit your needs precisely

epicsOf

JIRA Agile users can query on epic links, eg find all Epics that have unresolved stories:

issueFunction in epicsOf("resolution = unresolved")

You would just need to add a bit to the query to constrain it to only the Epics that are marked as Done

"Epic Status" = Done and issueFunction in epicsOf("resolution = unresolved")

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events