JQL on "Definition of Done" options

David April January 26, 2018

Hi all - 

If I setup "definition of done" checkboxes, can I create a JQL expression to find the ones that have a particular checkbox checked or not?

If so, can someone provide an example of the syntax?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2018

Hi David,

Sure you can. One would think that this JQL would work:

"definition of done" in (option1, option2, option3)

But it won't because it'll return all issues that have at least one of those options checked or any combination of those options.

So if you want to return issues with specific options checked you need to use something like this:

"definition of done" = option1 and "definiton of done" = option3

This will return only issues with BOTH option1 AND option3 checked.

You can go even further and combine a number of similar expressions like so:

("definition of done" = option1 and "definiton of done" = option3) or ("definition of done" = option1 and "definition of done" = option2)
1 vote
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2018

Hi David,

If you rely heavily on Definition of Done concept and need comprehensive JQL support, then you might want to consider third-party add-on.

My company offers Issue Checklist for Jira Cloud that supports Acceptance Criteria and Definition of Done in the form of ToDo list.

Beside of the JQL search, it also gives the ability to block issue transition if not all Checklist items are completed along with other useful stuff. 

Resources: 

I'm happy to provide more information and answer all questions.

Cheers,
Jack

Suggest an answer