JQL not showing Closed issues

So, I have a simple JQL search that should show all open/closed issues for unreleased versions, except issues closed by 2 particular people. The problem is the line below is removing all Closed issues, regardless of person. What am I missing? Thanks.

project = "3.0" AND (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY) AND NOT (assignee = doug and status = Closed) AND NOT (assignee = kk and status = Closed)

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jay,

Try this query:

(project = "3.0" AND (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY)) AND NOT 
((assignee = doug and status = Closed)) OR (assignee = KK and status = Closed))

Hope this helps?!

Hi Jay,

I had one bracket to much in de previous one:

(project = "3.0" AND (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY)) AND NOT 
((assignee = doug and status = Closed) OR (assignee = KK and status = Closed))

It's worth noting, I guess, that I do want issues on the board for each of these people, just not after they close them

Still no Closed issues showing up. Thanks for the help.

If I remove ((assignee = doug and status = Closed) OR (assignee = KK and status = Closed)) I get all closed issues but with that one string I remove all closed issues.

It as if the parenthesis doesn't mean "all or none" but what does?

any JQL buffs to help on this one? I know it's a simple fix i'm looking over. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,476 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you