JQL not showing Closed issues

Jay May 20, 2014

So, I have a simple JQL search that should show all open/closed issues for unreleased versions, except issues closed by 2 particular people. The problem is the line below is removing all Closed issues, regardless of person. What am I missing? Thanks.

project = "3.0" AND (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY) AND NOT (assignee = doug and status = Closed) AND NOT (assignee = kk and status = Closed)

4 answers

0 votes
Jay May 21, 2014

any JQL buffs to help on this one? I know it's a simple fix i'm looking over. Thanks.

0 votes
Jay May 20, 2014

Still no Closed issues showing up. Thanks for the help.

If I remove ((assignee = doug and status = Closed) OR (assignee = KK and status = Closed)) I get all closed issues but with that one string I remove all closed issues.

It as if the parenthesis doesn't mean "all or none" but what does?

0 votes
Jay May 20, 2014

It's worth noting, I guess, that I do want issues on the board for each of these people, just not after they close them

0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hi Jay,

Try this query:

(project = "3.0" AND (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY)) AND NOT 
((assignee = doug and status = Closed)) OR (assignee = KK and status = Closed))

Hope this helps?!

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hi Jay,

I had one bracket to much in de previous one:

(project = "3.0" AND (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY)) AND NOT 
((assignee = doug and status = Closed) OR (assignee = KK and status = Closed))

Suggest an answer