JQL - get stories that has changed "acceptance criteria" after status changed to Open

锐 王
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2024

Dear all,

I would like to filter out story list that with all the stories that it's some fields like "summary" or "description" or "background" has been changed after developer already working on.

I'd like to use the JQL as below, but it's getting error.

project = "ABC" AND created >= 2024-01-01 AND issuetype = Story AND "acceptance criteria" changed and status changed after Open

Can somebody help?

3 answers

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2024

Hi @锐 王 

Welcome to the community.

As a workaround, you can create automation from Project Settings -> Automation.

You can trigger rule when acceptance criteria field is changed and check if the status is different than Open. Then, you can send email or do some other action to mark those issues.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2024

Hi @锐 王  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You are not going to get that with out of the box Jira. Maybe with an add-on app. Your problem is figuring out:

1. if those fields change

2. when

You are not going to be able to do that with the JQL you have.

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2024

Hi @锐 王 

Welcome to the community.

What's the error you are getting?

The keyword Changed can only be applied to the following fields:

• Assignee
  • Fix Version
  • Priority
  • Reporter
  • Resolution
  • Status

I also expect that "acceptance Criteria" is a text field, on text fields only the following operators can be used:

• ~
  • !~
  • is empty
  • is not empty

Suggest an answer