JQL Query to get all ticket on which I added a comment

Fabrice_FOTSO_ext November 24, 2022

Hello,

I urgently need a JQL query that will allow me to get all tickets on which I added a comment. 

I am using Jira-cloud

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

Use this filter:

commentedBy=currentUser()

Benjamin Lellouche November 24, 2022

Hi @Fabrice_FOTSO_ext 

Not possible on Jira Cloud

Only with scriptrunner through: commentedBy = currentuser()

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

Thank you for pointing that out @Benjamin Lellouche 

I do have Adaptavist Scriptrunner. I did not double check that the commentedBy function was native vs. Scriptrunner.

My apologies for leading you astray @Fabrice_FOTSO_ext 

Like Benjamin Lellouche likes this
Fabrice_FOTSO_ext November 24, 2022

Hello Guys,

thanks alot for your quick response.

I've got ScriptRunner, but for some reasons I still can't get it to work, 

the filter commentedBy=currentUser() wouldnt still work

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2022

Exactly how did it "not work"? Did you get an error message? Were the results not what you expected?

To run queries that have ScriptRunner functions you have to run them from the ScriptRunner Enhanced Search interface which you can find under the Apps menu.

Fabrice_FOTSO_ext January 6, 2023

Hello, 

sorry for the late reply

it wasnt working because all tickets of all projects needed to be indexed first,

I used a plugin to create the index, it took about 15 hours since there are about 20K tickets in total, but after that everything worked fine, 

thanks for your help all and wish you a very happy new year

Suggest an answer