JQL Query That Replicates Stories Swimlane

David Gibbard October 16, 2017

I want to be able to show stories and their related sub-tasks as a parent issue on a Sprint Board. Issues without sub-tasks will be shown in their own group at the bottom. I am looking for the JQL query that is used for JIRA cloud's default Stories based swimlane. What I want to add is the ability to also show blocked issues. I assume the only way to accomplish this is to write the appropriate JQL queries. 

I want to show blocked issues - I know the JQL code for this query

If an issue is not blocked, or there are no blocked issues for the sprint, then I want to be able to show stories with the subtasks group with the story, just like the default "Base Swimlanes on Stories"

1 answer

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2017

So, here's an example of a JQL showing open work on a current sprint:

project = "My Project" AND sprint in openSprints() AND status in ("To Do", "Reviewing", Documenting, "In Progress") ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC 

you can add to that to pull blocked issues.  Status "Blocked" or dependent on how you have blocked represented in a Jira field.

Suggest an answer