JQL: Kanban Board - Show only Tasks where SubTask != open

SebastianH4 August 4, 2017

Hello Community,

I am looking for a way to only show Tasks where all Sub-Tasks do not (!=) have status Open.

I can select Tasks by using: 

issuetype = Task  

But how can I access the Sub-Tasks of these Tasks?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2017

JIRA doesn't support it out-of-the-box but if you have script runner plugin installed then you can easily do it using the JQL function

issueFunction in parentsOf("type = sub-task and status != 'open'") and type = Task
0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2017

The other solution is to use the REST API 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2017

Seems like you are trying to find stale tasks that should be closed off because all of the sub-tasks are complete?

The only way to do this AFAIK is with an addon like Scriprunner where you can use "issuefunction" parameter. there are other threads in the Community that illustrate how this can be done.

Suggest an answer