JQL - Filter to show all epics in your project that do not contain at least one issue.

amy schneider March 17, 2021

JQL - Filter to show all epics in your project that do not contain at least one issue. Any suggestions?

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi @amy schneider 

Try using the below query:

project = <Project_name> AND issuetype= Epic and issueLinkType is EMPTY

Yash R May 4, 2022

This WORKED LIKE MAGIC!! thanks!

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
kgeorgi September 23, 2022

works perfect

2 votes
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Hi Amy,

There are multiple ways of doing this.

In my experience, I make use of issuefunction option, however, this will work if you have scriptrunner functionality 

I can also see a similar thread already, sharing for reference, hope this helps

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Get-all-Issues-without-linked-issue/qaq-p/629810

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JQL-Filter-to-find-Epics-that-have-no-Issues-i-e-empty-Epics/qaq-p/289265

0 votes
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Welcome to the community @amy schneider ,

Regarding your query, I am afraid , you might need a third party plugin to achieve your goal.

Famous one's are 

below is the example of JQL Search Extensions for Jira & repo

following query will return all epics which have no child issues.

issuesInEpicCount <1

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events