JQL - Filter Tickets by Sprints in "Active Sprints"

Caroline CHIALE June 22, 2022

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to order the tickets within the Active Sprints view by sprints? 

I tried to use a JQL query but it doesn't work...

Thanks in advance :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hey @Caroline CHIALE

What was the JQL query that you tired? 

I believe this JQL query might work for your case. Here, we have openSprints() which means any active sprints and the ORDER BY is ordering the sprints in ascending order. You can also add the "Sprint" field as a column for visuals. 

Sprint in openSprints() ORDER BY cf[10020] ASC

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 11.24.04 AM.png 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Brittany

Caroline CHIALE June 23, 2022

Hi @Brittany Wispell

Thanks for your quick response!

Sorry, it was not very clear in my first message but I would like to know if it's possible to display the tickets in the Active Sprints view group by Sprints (by adding a JQL query to group the tickets by sprint in the swimlanes and display all the sprints). 

It would be easier for us. 

Thanks in advance! 

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

Hey @Caroline CHIALE

I believe you would need to create a swimlane for each Sprint and update the swimlane JQL when you have new active sprints. 

Are you looking for something like the below? 

Swimlanes showing both active sprints. Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 8.29.07 AM.png

The swimlane queriesScreen Shot 2022-06-24 at 8.29.22 AM.png

These are static numbers for the current sprints, once you have more you'll need to update the name/number of the sprint in each swimlane and their Name if you would like for it to match up to the sprint name. 

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have further questions. 

-Brittany

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events