JQL Filter: Initiative with certain label and Epics that have the term 'Customer' in their summary

Thuur Geraats August 31, 2022

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a JQL filter that returns the following results:
-All initiatives with a certain label.
-The underlying child epics that have the term 'customer' in their name and that are in the status 'to do' or 'in progress'.

I do have Scriptrunner installed on my environment.

Many thanks in advance!

Thuur

1 answer

0 votes
delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2022

Does this work for you:
(type = Initiative and summary ~ "my text") OR (type = Epic and labels = yourlabel)

Thuur Geraats September 6, 2022

Hi @delmario,

Thanks for your suggestion.
Unfortunately this does not return the desired result.

There needs to be a dependency between the Initiative with the specific label and the underlying Epic with 'customer' in the summary.

So an example of issues returned by the query:
Initiative with label '123' AND underlying Epic with 'customer' in summary.

So the desired output has initiatives and epics in it which are linked with each other.

Do you have another suggestion?

Cheers,
Thuur

delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2022

Hi Thuur,

Apologize for lateness.  Was out on Holiday.  Scriptrunner would probably be the best option for you.

There is this using issuekey but you need to provide the Initiative key for it.  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JQL-query-to-find-child-issues-of-Initiative/qaq-p/461409

Thank you,
Del

Suggest an answer