JQL - Advanced Roadmaps - portfoliochildIssuesOf with multiple initiatives

Kieran April 21, 2021

I am trying to use JQL to find all child issues (epics and stories) of a multiple initiatives.

Per the guidance here I should be able to use portfoliochildIssuesOf with an the IN operator but this doesn't work.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/searching-for-issues-using-advanced-roadmaps-details-998651411.html 

project = SSP AND issuetype in (Bug, Spike, Story, "Support - Task", Task) AND issuekey in portfoliochildIssuesOf in ("SSP-2198", "SSP-2359", SSP-2374, SSP-2370) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Jira error.PNG

Alternative

I could do something like the below but this seems pretty ugly 

issuekey in portfoliochildIssuesOf(SSP-2198) OR issuekey in portfoliochildIssuesOf(SSP-2359) OR issuekey in portfoliochildIssuesOf(SSP-2374) OR issuekey in portfoliochildIssuesOf(SSP-2370)

Background

• Jira cloud user with Advanced Roadmaps
  • Multi-level hierarchy setup (Programme>Workstream>Feature/Initiative>Epic>Story/Task/etc
  • Want to use these queries at each of the higher levels

2 answers

1 vote
Manish Arya February 14, 2023

Alternate solution you mentioned is also giving same error. Do we have solution for this? How can we get child issues of multiple epics or initiatives  in one go?

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hello @Kieran 

I think you are asking about the same thing mentioned in this post from 2020

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/JQL-for-all-issues-linked-to-all-initiatives-in-a-project/qaq-p/1428045

According to that, at that time, you would need an app to extend the search functionality of JIRA.

I don't use the Roadmaps feature, so somebody with more experience might know more.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events