JIRA with GreenHopper MySQL migration problem

eseza November 2, 2011

I am using JIRA 4.4.3 with GreenHopper 5.8.2 and trying to migrate data to MySQL 5.5.8, but i am experiencing a wierd problem. I have exported all data using back up tool. After configuring dbconfig.xml file i am trying to import data on welcome page. It seems all data was imported successfully but, on agile tab i can not see issues on planningboard, task board, chart board or any other greenhopper page while i can see them on issues tab. What i am doing wrong, is there any one experiencing similar issue.

Thanks...

2 answers

0 votes
eseza November 3, 2011

Thank you for your answer, i am fallowing the walkthrough listed below;

1. Get backup of existing configuration from System->Import&Export->Backup System

2. Stop JIRA service

3. Create a new database named "jiradb" with UTF8 charset (So DB is empty)

4. Modify dbconfig.xml file according to username, password and schema name that created before

5. Start JIRA service

6. Go to JIRA home page and import data from backup .zip file.

After these steps, i can login with my account but GH does not list issues. I have tried different combinations several times but nothing changed.

When i change dbcinfig.xml file to previous state(hsql database config), everything is working like its supposed to.

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2011

the other tips i have in this case

• Make sure your field configuration does not hide the system field fixVersions
  • If it was hidden, unhide it and reindex JIRA
  • Click Optimise/Repair
  • Restart JIRA
0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2011

Please make sure database is absolutely empty at the time when you restore the data from the XML export.

The best thing is to create a new empty database and reference that in dbconfig.xml. i am afraid the GH upgrade tasks fail if they encounter ao_ tables

Suggest an answer