JIRA upgrade Edited

Dear all,

We have to upgrade Service Desk and also JIRA Siftware - look at the attachment in the screenshot.

Please, give us instructions regarding information in the screenshot.

Thank you a lot.

Regardscreencapture-jira-zebracon-rs-plugins-servlet-applications-versions-licenses-1499710535769.png

1 answer

0 vote

Yes, you need to upgrade JIRA's Core installation.

Dear Nic, Do we have to shut down the Confluence and pass through whole process of upgrade or we can just download new version of core and upload it?

Thank you.

Confluence is a separate system, so you can ignore that.

Nic, my misstake, my question is: do we need to shut down the JIRA server?  or we can just download new version of jira core and upload it directly on UI?

Thank you

And please, tell us how to upgrade only JIRA Core? Where can we find documentation for that action?

Thank you in advance

Yes, you need JIRA offline to perform the upgrade.  I can't emphasise enough that the routine should be

• Shut it down
  • Backup the database
  • Backup the home directory (although you can skip the attachments as they won't be touched by the upgrade)
  • Backup the installation directory
  • Run the installer and tell it to upgrade the existing installation

And that sequence should be tested and proven on a test machine first.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,182 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot