JIRA upgrade

Milan Atanacković July 10, 2017

Dear all,

We have to upgrade Service Desk and also JIRA Siftware - look at the attachment in the screenshot.

Please, give us instructions regarding information in the screenshot.

Thank you a lot.

Regardscreencapture-jira-zebracon-rs-plugins-servlet-applications-versions-licenses-1499710535769.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

Yes, you need to upgrade JIRA's Core installation.

Milan Atanacković July 12, 2017

Dear Nic, Do we have to shut down the Confluence and pass through whole process of upgrade or we can just download new version of core and upload it?

Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

Confluence is a separate system, so you can ignore that.

Nic, my misstake, my question is: do we need to shut down the JIRA server?  or we can just download new version of jira core and upload it directly on UI?

Thank you

And please, tell us how to upgrade only JIRA Core? Where can we find documentation for that action?

Thank you in advance

Also, is this issue conected with ours? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-63794

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2017

Yes, you need JIRA offline to perform the upgrade.  I can't emphasise enough that the routine should be

• Shut it down
  • Backup the database
  • Backup the home directory (although you can skip the attachments as they won't be touched by the upgrade)
  • Backup the installation directory
  • Run the installer and tell it to upgrade the existing installation

And that sequence should be tested and proven on a test machine first.

Suggest an answer