JIRA upgrade to 8.13.0 skew menu bar

Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2020

My employer instance has Data server and service desk. Upgraded JIRA 8.13.0 and  all of a sudden the title of the system is huge and blue. Although the settings say it matches the color scheme of my logo it is not changing it.

I tried all the look and feel settings and even reset to defaults.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2020

Hi Carla,

when I was upgrading a non-production test instance to the new version 8.13 I noticed probably the same. I said "probably" here as by "just reading" what you have observed it is hard to tell if the same topic with the title applies to you - but it might be the case.
The title just got much bigger without any added value to it and it now looks a bit clunky.

We were not able to find a solution for that. Maybe it is just a revamped presentation of the title. I hope the users will accept it after a while - but the effect we see is a waste of display space.

Cheers,
Daniel

Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2020

Hi Daniel, 

It sounds like you had similar problem.  The only work around I found was to recall the last customized settings from the previous installation. My co-worker who does the server side applied it and it worked although the color of the link was a tinge blue it was the correct size and font. 

I delayed writing a response because I wanted to confirm with him that was the solution he applied. I will try to reach him again tomorrow. If it is different I will update this post

Suggest an answer