JIRA search for issues search text box not displayed

Robert Allaire January 10, 2018

I'm using old-style JIRA.  For some reason, when I click the Search for Issues drop down at the top of the page, the search screen is missing the 'Search' text box.  In fact, the whole screen looks different.  Something has happened that has modified the layout of the Search for Issues screen.  This issue began late in the day 1/9/2018.

I've closed and re-opened the browser, (Firefox).  Rebooted the machine.  Even shut it down overnight.   Switched to Microsoft Edge.  Still have the same issue.

Can someone help?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

Does it look something like this?

Basic.pngIf so, then just click on Advanced and you will see the text box to enter your JQL in.

Robert Allaire January 10, 2018

Thanks Mikael.  The problem was that there was nothing on the page except a list of outdated JIRA tickets.  The border on the right was empty, and there was nothing below the Search label on the screen. No Basic or Advanced link, or text box, nothing.

But when I went to the page just now to try your suggestion, I see that it renders OK now.  Go figure!

So, the issue is resolved for me at this point in time.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  Thanks again!

Suggest an answer