JIRA search for issues search text box not displayed

I'm using old-style JIRA.  For some reason, when I click the Search for Issues drop down at the top of the page, the search screen is missing the 'Search' text box.  In fact, the whole screen looks different.  Something has happened that has modified the layout of the Search for Issues screen.  This issue began late in the day 1/9/2018.

I've closed and re-opened the browser, (Firefox).  Rebooted the machine.  Even shut it down overnight.   Switched to Microsoft Edge.  Still have the same issue.

Can someone help?

1 answer

0 vote
Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Jan 10, 2018

Does it look something like this?

Basic.pngIf so, then just click on Advanced and you will see the text box to enter your JQL in.

Thanks Mikael.  The problem was that there was nothing on the page except a list of outdated JIRA tickets.  The border on the right was empty, and there was nothing below the Search label on the screen. No Basic or Advanced link, or text box, nothing.

But when I went to the page just now to try your suggestion, I see that it renders OK now.  Go figure!

So, the issue is resolved for me at this point in time.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,221 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you