JIRA licensed software working from Localhost, but not from IP

Disha Matlani September 23, 2017

Hi, I've bought JIRA software for 10 users and configured the license in my windows server.

so now when I am using localhost:8080, its working fine and but when giving IP in place of localhost, in the same windows server its not working. 

Searched about this issue, it asks to change the server base URL in Confluence settings using Admin Account, but the option is not available.

Could you please help! 

2 answers

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2017

Disha, check your firewall policy on the server.  It sounds like it may be blocking things.  

It seems firewall policy is all fine. Is it something to do with the configuration? When I searched this on internet it's giving an option to change the base URL from confluence setting menu, but this menu seems to be missing in my Admin account. If it's not working with IP in the same PC. It will not be accessible for other users also. Please suggest me something

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2017

What does "it's not working" mean?

What are you seeing in the browser?  What's the error message?

There  isnt any error message. It doesnt shows the menu's, dashboard, no other option 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2017

Is that a totally blank screen?  Is it still trying to load?  Or just a total blank?

So after login , menus are missing from IP, all these menus are visible from local host in the same PC(server)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2017

Please, answer the question.  "it doesn't show" tells us too little.  That is why I asked for more.

Is that a totally blank screen?  Is it still trying to load?  Or just a total blank?

Suggest an answer