JIRA is not able to access itself through the configured Base URL

Hyd3k October 1, 2017

I am receiving an alert from Troubleshooting and support tools module,  Instance health and showed error:

Problems detected
Warning
Supported Platforms
Warning

Base URL for gadgets

WHAT DOES THIS CHECK DO?
Checks if JIRA is able to access itself through the configured Base URL to ensure that dashboard gadgets will work.

RESULT
JIRA is not able to access itself through the configured Base URL. This is necessary so that dashboard gadgets can be generated successfully. Please verify the current Base URL and if necessary, review your network configurations to resolve the problem.

According the following documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/health-check-jira-base-url-859447384.html

I tried cause 1 & 2 with no satisfactory results, I do not use proxy and also did not configured with Apache in front with BasicAuth password restriction.

I tried curl -v localhost works, then tried curl -v internal ip works, when trying curl -v using external/redirected ip says: 
* Connection timed out
* Failed connect to m.y.i.p:80; Connection timed out
* Closing connection 0
curl: (7) Failed connect to m.y.i.p:80; Connection timed out

if I try curl -v m.y.i.p:8080 works, what is wrong? any advice/fix?

I am using Jira software 7.5 x64 on AWS 2 core, 4GB RAM, 30 GB HDD, CentOS 7x64.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

I think this is the key point:

when trying curl -v using external/redirected ip says: 
* Connection timed out

That's telling me that your external/redirected ip is configured incorrectly on your network.  A firewall would give you a flat "connection refused", so there's either a routing or dns problem here.

Hyd3k October 5, 2017

I just dropped that project but seems the issue.

0 votes
scherbank October 5, 2017

check with netstat -na |grep 80 who whether port is listened.

ensure that in case you using apache in from that listener is configured properly.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2017

Make sure that you put 8080 in the baseurl

Hyd3k October 2, 2017

Yes it is specified as http/m.y.i.p:8080 in settings 

0 votes
Hyd3k October 1, 2017

Please share your comments I really wan to make this work locally.

Suggest an answer