JIRA is not able to access itself through the configured Base URL Edited

I am receiving an alert from Troubleshooting and support tools module,  Instance health and showed error:

Problems detected
Warning
Supported Platforms
Warning

Base URL for gadgets

WHAT DOES THIS CHECK DO?
Checks if JIRA is able to access itself through the configured Base URL to ensure that dashboard gadgets will work.

RESULT
JIRA is not able to access itself through the configured Base URL. This is necessary so that dashboard gadgets can be generated successfully. Please verify the current Base URL and if necessary, review your network configurations to resolve the problem.

According the following documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/health-check-jira-base-url-859447384.html

I tried cause 1 & 2 with no satisfactory results, I do not use proxy and also did not configured with Apache in front with BasicAuth password restriction.

I tried curl -v localhost works, then tried curl -v internal ip works, when trying curl -v using external/redirected ip says: 
* Connection timed out
* Failed connect to m.y.i.p:80; Connection timed out
* Closing connection 0
curl: (7) Failed connect to m.y.i.p:80; Connection timed out

if I try curl -v m.y.i.p:8080 works, what is wrong? any advice/fix?

I am using Jira software 7.5 x64 on AWS 2 core, 4GB RAM, 30 GB HDD, CentOS 7x64.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I think this is the key point:

when trying curl -v using external/redirected ip says: 
* Connection timed out

That's telling me that your external/redirected ip is configured incorrectly on your network.  A firewall would give you a flat "connection refused", so there's either a routing or dns problem here.

I just dropped that project but seems the issue.

Please share your comments I really wan to make this work locally.

Make sure that you put 8080 in the baseurl

Yes it is specified as http/m.y.i.p:8080 in settings 

check with netstat -na |grep 80 who whether port is listened.

ensure that in case you using apache in from that listener is configured properly.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 05, 2018 in Jira Software

Jack Graves: Real Ale enthusiast with a knack for Jira Software implementation

@Jack Graves [AC] first caught our eye with his incredible breakdown of what, in his opinion, can make or break a Jira software implementation. (Read his thoughts on this thread)! In this follow...

96,856 views 4 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you