JIRA is having difficulty contacting Atlassian Bamboo. on Retry Rlease

MoElwan November 21, 2017

Hi all,

We've Jira-cloud and Bamboo 6.2.2 integrated with OAuth.

when we make a release the build on bamboo starts

if the build succeeded the release status changes to `Released`

BUT if the built failed it stays `UNRELEASED` and a build tag appear referring to the failing one. just like 

Image 16.png

when I use `Retry release `  and choose the same build it's always returning 

Image 15.png

my build is a very simple testing one that doesn't contain any manual stages just a code checkout and ssh task

2 answers

1 vote
Charles Patton Jr November 21, 2017

Just began having issues with my JIra-cloud as well and stumbled across this post, maybe this is only affecting cloud users this instant?

edit: I even tried restarting my Bamboo server; I'm not sure how to begin troubleshooting this, any tips appreciated

MoElwan November 21, 2017

me too and cleared the cache too 

Charles Patton Jr November 21, 2017

Any luck? I got mine working a second ago after restarting the bamboo server but I ran into the same situation when testing where the build failed on the manual task and now I'm stuck in this loop again. Trying another restart and manual build and then going to see if I can at least get it running in Bamboo without JIRA by just passing in my jira version variable manually.

MoElwan November 24, 2017

Mine broken and the tomcat consumed the 100% of the server processor! so killed the process for now and will reinstall it as a service.

sators April 8, 2020

Same issue - restarting Bamboo did not resolve.

0 votes
Deleted user August 20, 2018

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue.

Could you please provide the root cause and workaround to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Sandeep

Pieter Wouter Hartog
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2019

Yes, exact same issue here.

Really need a solution.

Suggest an answer