JIRA hangs at system startup page

nisheednair August 26, 2017

JIRA hangs at system startup page (http://localhost:5050/startup.jsp?returnTo=%2Fdefault.jsp).  The progress bar stop always at 99% if i refresh the url also.

I am installing JIRA software on my Windows 10 machine.  It hang always at the step "Enter the license".   So.  I restarted the JIRA service and go to urlhttp://localhost:5050,   hangs me at http://localhost:5050/startup.jsp?returnTo=%2Fdefault.jsp after loading addons and hand at 'System startup'  (99% may be at progress bar).

I am installing JIRA using Windows intallation wizard setup.

(Database: Postgresql, jdk 8.*)

Kindly help to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

3 answers

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2019

@nisheednair How did you solve this? Did you investigate further?

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi Nisheed

The KB below might be helful for this case:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-hangs-at-the-startup-page-937890815.html

Cheers

L.F

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2017

What does the log say it is doing?

nisheednair August 27, 2017

As per log,  plugins load is success, database connection and all success and finally it tells JERA instance is ready and use the web url.  But, the browser looks handed and the progress bar shows aproximately 10% remains.  I am installing JIRA 7.4.3 with Postgresql 9.6. Is it due to Java version issue?   I am using jdk8.0.3. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2017

But what does the log say it is doing?  What are the bottom few lines?  Is it not writing anything?  Any errors?

Jira Hangs.jpg

This is my "atlassian-jira,log"

Last few lines  

2017-08-27 18:37:31,149 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO      [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Plugin system lateStartup begun
2017-08-27 18:37:31,154 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO      [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Plugin system lateStartup ended
2017-08-27 18:37:31,248 JIRA-Bootstrap DEBUG      [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] getService bundle [com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-whitelist-api-plugin]
2017-08-27 18:38:59,969 hipchat-plugin-tasks-executor-0 DEBUG      [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] getService bundle [com.atlassian.plugins.base-hipchat-integration-plugin-api]

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2017

Ah, I've seen this a couple of times.  JIRA is immensely slow to start up, but works fine once it gets there.

I've never found the cause, but if you leave it for an hour, does it complete?

I left it for more than 2 hours

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2017

And nothing else gets written to the logs?

What are the cpu, jira process, disk and memory doing?  Are they active?

They are fine.   I had installed JIRA 4.4.4 version sucessfully in this machine.

system info.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2017

"They are fine" tells us nothing.  What are they doing?

JIRA 4 doesn't work with Java 8, but I'm not sure why that matters.

nisheednair August 29, 2017
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2017

There's nothing running there.

Could you tell us what the system is doing?

Pankaj Kumar May 4, 2020

@nisheednair did you resolve this issue

Suggest an answer