JIRA for INTERCOM permission to access certain projects only

Edgar Scholler December 12, 2019

our teammates that use intercom should be able to create jira tickets for a certain jira project only.

OBS: intercom user can choose any JIRA project to create a jira ticket for

EXP: intercom user should only be able to choose the project that he/she is allowed to

how can the access for the add-on be edited/changed. thx for your support

1 answer

0 votes
Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Hi @Edgar Scholler, thank you for your question. We have a small section in the FAQs in our docs regarding this topic. The general idea today is to restrict access to specific Jira projects for the Jira user that you have used when you first set up the Intercom app. This however only works for classic Jira projects - next-gen projects have a simplified permission scheme.

I have to admit though that configuring the correct Jira permissions is no easy task and very much depends on your current permission configuration. We are planning to look into ways to simplify configurations like these early next year but I can't give you any exact dates or ETA just yet.

Disclosure: I am the developer of Intercom for Jira app and the Intercom integration.

Edgar Scholler December 13, 2019

hi @Tobias Binna thx for your quick reply. happy to hear you're planning to tackle that problem.

however, i've had to de-install the add-on as the linking of tickets doesn't seem to work reliably if you have more than one intercom workspace set up :(

Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2019

Hi @Edgar Scholler do you mind sending me a few more details on what exactly is not working? You can send the details via our Intercom messenger on toolsplus.io.

Also, would you mind adding your Intercom workspace ids to your message? The workspace id is the number/letter combo in your Intercom URL: app.intercom.io/a/apps/[workspace id]/... This will help us find more details related to this issue.
Thanks,

Tobias

Edgar Scholler December 16, 2019

@Tobias Binna done :)

Like Tobias Binna likes this
Macha February 13, 2020

Hi @Tobias Binna , we are using jira cloud and have the same requirement as above, we are looking for ways to be able to show one jira service desk project and only display certain issue types and request types. Please let us know if there's any available guide on how to set this up.

Thanks,
Maricris

Like Tobias Binna likes this
Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2020

Hey Maricris,

Thank you for your post. I have added your vote to our internal feature request. We are currently evaluating different ways to do this and will hopefully have an implementation ready soon.

I will be in touch as soon as the feature is available.

Cheers,
Tobias

Suggest an answer