JIRA evaluation license expired. What users canNOT do?

Quin Kan July 17, 2017

We have already purchased the commerical JIRA etc license.  However, we have not setup the production instance yet.

Some users are using an evaluation instance as test.  That instance has evaluation licenses.  I have updated it with new evaluation licenses.

If I did not update it with new licenses, what will happen?

I read an old post that users cannot create new issues, and everything else works.

Is it still correct?

How about Confluence, Crowd and Bitbuck?  Are the full functionalities still there even the evaluation licenses have expired?  Or there will only be limited functionalities?

We are using the server version of the software.

Thank you,

Q

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2017

When you already purchased a license you could generate a development license (its free) and use that for you evaluation instance.

Otherwise for jira, if license is expired users wont be able to create new issues.
I think they should still be able to edit issues and make transitions.

For Confluence and Bitbucket iam not sure. But here is the same, use a development license if you already purchased your license.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

In JIRA and Confluence all user based updates/transitions are halted, not just "create"

Quin Kan July 18, 2017

Thank you Stefan and Nic!

Suggest an answer