JIRA agile board is not able to find a shared saved filter when creating a new board

Treethawat Thanawachiramate August 27, 2014

While I'm creating any agile board (Scrum or Kanban). I selected the option was 'Board from an existing Saved Filter' on the Create an Agile board page.

At the Saved filter field, when I'm start typing to search for the a saved filter. There are some shared filters will not be able to search. It is always show 'No Matches'. (All of those filters were shared for everyone)

Is there any limitation of the search result number?

Because if I created a saved filter and named it as 'Man_Man' or 'Man Man' or 'Man M' or 'Man_' then I type to search with 'Man'. The result will shown the other filters which they are contains with 'Man' (Currently we have 3900+ filters are shared with everyone).

But when I changed my filter name from Man to 'A Man' or 'AMan' or 'Man ABC' or whatever that is not only with Man. The search Saved filter function is just work fine.

I'm using JIRA v6.1 and JIRA Agile v6.3.6.

3 answers

0 votes
Treethawat Thanawachiramate November 2, 2014

It appears to be a bug regarding the https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-11403

0 votes
Treethawat Thanawachiramate September 2, 2014

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, normally when we start typing a string. The saved filter should be appears which it is normally how it does.

But for my case, it didn't show anything for some strings when typing to search.

for Example. I have already created a shared filter as 'Man_Man'.

If I start typing with Man: the search will appears for many of Man but not the saved filter that I want then I cotinue to type with 'Man_' or 'Man_Man'. I always get 'No Matches'

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2014

Even the amount of the items in the list is limited, if I start typing a string included in my shared filter, the filter appears for me, as described:

Saved Filters

Choose from a list of existing filters as a base for your new board. To create a new Saved Filter, save a search in the Issue Navigator.

Suggest an answer